Sunday, May 18, 2008

Up on a blog

Well Hello out there. I am starting a blog to see if it helps my family and friends keep up with us. I am not sure how long I will keep this up nor do I know if anyone will read this. I hope people will be able to read this and know what is going on with us.

I am currently in the Army and have just returned from my second tour in Iraq. I have decided to end my current status on active duty and try civilian life for a while. Just to much time away from family and friends.

This past year was especially hard because my wife and I had our first child. Emily Love Thrailkill was born on September 11, 2007 and she is the love your our life. I can't wait to get to know her better and be home and start being a father.

I am not sure what the world has in store for us next but it will be an adventure starting a new career (do not have a job yet). Just stepping out on faith right now.

Well we will see if this is going to work out (the blog thing) so here goes nothing.

4 comments:

Hajost Family said...

Welcome to the blog world!!! It's so much fun and easy! I'm looking forward to seeing and reading everything going on with your family now that you are home-sweet-home!!! I know you're enjoying your wife and new beautiful baby girl! Hopefully we can meet up sometime next week before I head back to AK if you're in Spartanburg. I'll give you a call! Just wanted to comment and say great to hear from you and if no-one else reads - I will! :)

The Murray Family said...

Yeah!!! I will read your blog everyday!! I really think this is better than MySpace...much easier to keep up with. I've made your page a link on ours.

Anonymous said...

Yea!! John and I will be checking your blog daily!! We are so excited to hear what God is doing in your lives and to see all of you back together now! We have been praying for al of you so much over the last year. We miss you guys!!!!

John & Rebecca Calhoun

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben!! Glad you are home sweet home & your little girl is precious. Thanks for your service too!!
Ann has been blogging a while now & so does Kristi Farmer- you know she has 3 & 1 more on the way!! I love to check Ann's blog & since she has given me your link I will keep up with you & your beautfil family too. Good luck!!
Love, Bette Hodges