Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Memorial Day is now and forever changed for us. It has gone from another day off to a day of remembrance. Having now served in the Army and in combat it really brings the true meaning to Memorial Day. While at Fort Riley, We were able to go to the OIF II Memorial that had gotten back from Germany and we were able to remember our fallen Soldiers from 2004 and 2005. I am very glad it had come back and I was able to see it again. This past year also marked another one of our good friends getting killed in action, David Boris was killed in Afghanistan last November. It is tough when you know the true meaning of this Holiday and let us not forget our brothers who have given their lives for our country.

Emily and I at the First Infantry Division OIF II Memorial.
SGT Scott Kinzer
Front of the Memorial

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! Your daughter is beautiful! I would love to hear from you sometime. We live just 10 min from you down 29 in Lyman. Tell the wife I said hi...

Sam

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben!!
I would like to thank you for your service Ben...you did 2 tours & I know that was not easy being separated from your family.
I don't think anyone that has never
served can appreciate all that this day means to those who have served & lost loved ones.
Hopefully I will run into you & your family now that you are home. Give your family my regards!
Bette Hodges

Anonymous said...

God bless you and your family. Thank you for your service to our country. We must always remember those who served and especially those that did not come back.
Hoo yah!
Robin Alexander

Hajost Family said...

Hey Thrailkill Fam,
Enjoyed reading your memorial day post and then as I'm going to make a comment see that my mom wrote something. And also, the guy - Robin Alexander - is someone who works beside my mom. Guess she shared this site with him and he commented - just so you know. Anyway - thanks to you for your service too and I'm so thankful you were able to return safely to your family! Each service member is so important and no task should go un-appreciated. Thanks again!