Friday, May 30, 2008

Lovin' being Back Home

Let's just say it is Great to be home. We have been able to get to see our families and hang out with everyone. Last weekend we were able to help Stephanie and Jason do a little remodeling of their house. It was great to just be around family and help them for a change. Speaking of Jason and Stephanie, I can not thank them enough for the sacrifices they made over the past year in helping Adrianne, Emily and I. Stephanie took almost every weekend and stayed with Emily as Adrianne worked nights. Jason would come over and spray the house for bugs, kill the ants in our yard or entertain Emily so the girls could have a break. They truly were my heroes last year. The picture you see is a ribbon ceremony we had at their house. They hung a yellow ribbon in honor of me while I was gone and I was able to cut it down last Saturday. Pretty Cool.

Now here is my present to myself for the long time I spent away. The last deployment we bought a Volvo, so I went cheaper this time around and got the 46inch HD 1080p Samsung, I choose the PS3 even though I am really can't H$#* from the XBOX360 players. I am loyal to the Playstation. It already had the Blue Ray DVD so Adrianne can enjoy an aspect from it and it is free online play. So I am sorry Ben Butler, Brian Murray, and Piers Platt.


Anyway Adrianne works tonight. It is my first night without her to help me with Emily. Should be a piece of cake as me and Emily went shopping today and bonded while she helped her dad pick out new clothing.


3 comments:

The Murray Family said...

That is so awesome...all of it...the TV, hanging out with family, bonding with Emily....we are SOOOOOO happy for you!! The only thing that's not good is the Playstation...boo!! Haha!! I think Brian will still want to come down there and play with you though...you're the kid with all the cool toys now.

Hajost Family said...

great TV and what a cool thing to do - by cutting your own ribbon! good luck with your night alone - i'm sure it'll be a blast and emily will love getting to know her wonderful daddy!

The Cook Family said...

Congrats on the new tv! I hope Ben and Emily survived their first night alone! Looks like you are enjoying being home-no more hotels!